Give leftover rice new life with seasoned Ground Beef and sautéed peas and peppers. Who needs delivery?
• 1 pound (454 g.) Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch (1.27 cm) pieces
• 1 package 6 ounces (170 g.) frozen pea pods
• 3 cups cold cooked rice
• 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, garlic and ginger; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch (1.9 cm) crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings, if needed.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (71.11°C). Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons water in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and pea pods; cook 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
3. Return beef to skillet; heat through. Stir in green onions.
“Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.”