• 2 lbs. (1 Kg.) Ground Beef
• ½ cup tortilla chips, crushed about 2 oz. (56.70 g.)
• 6 Tbsp. water or beef broth
• 4 oz. (113.40 g.) canned green chili
• 2 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• ½ tsp. cumin
• 2 tsp. chipotle powder
• ½ tsp. onion powder
• 15 oz. (425.24 g.) red enchilada sauce
• 2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese (or any easy melt style)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ (176.67°C).
2. In a bowl, combine the crushed tortilla chips (they should be the size of large breadcrumbs) with the water or beef broth. Stir to make a thick paste. This helps keep the meatballs moist but also adds a great corn flavor.
3. In a large bowl, combine Ground Beef, green chili, salt, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle powder, onion powder and the tortilla chip mix. Using hands, mix lightly but thoroughly (do not pack).
4. Form the Ground Beef mixture into balls, using about 1/3 cup of the mixture per ball. Do not overwork or form the meatballs too tightly.
5. Place the meatballs in a large skillet, leaving space between them, then bake for 15 minutes.
6. Pour the enchilada sauce over/around the meatballs, and return to the oven for an additional 7 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the cheese all over the meatballs, and return to the oven until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
8. Serve immediately. Caution, skillet will be extremely hot.
"Courtesy of Beef Loving Texans/Texas Beef Council"