Get up and go with this quick and easy steak breakfast burrito! Start your morning off right with this tasty meal that can be made to go.
• 1 pound (1/2 Kg.) beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch (2.54 cm) thick
• 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican seasoning
• 2 eggs, slightly beaten
• 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons water
• 4 medium spinach or flour tortillas (10-inch or 25.4 cm diameter), warmed
• 1/2 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
• 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
• Toppings: Fat free dairy sour cream, additional prepared thick-and-chunky salsa (optional)
1. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch (1/2 to 1 cm) thick strips. Combine beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless strips and Mexican seasoning in medium bowl; toss to coat.
2. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt, as desired; keep warm. Wipe out skillet using paper towels, if necessary.
3. Combine whole eggs, egg whites and water in small bowl. Spray same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until scrambled and just set.
4. Layer 1/4 of beef on each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch (3.81 cm) border on right and left sides; top with 2 tablespoons salsa, 1/4 of eggs and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up tightly. Serve with toppings, if desired.
“Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.”