Beef in sushi? Absolutely! Slice your favorite cooked, cold roast or steak into long strips and wrap with veggies in white rice and nori, then serve with Asian condiments.
· 6 ounces (170 g.) cooked beef (such as roast or steak), cut into long thin strips (about 1-1/2 cups)
· 2 cups leftover cooked rice
· 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed) (about 8-inch square or 51.61 cm²)
· 1 cup thin strips fresh or leftover cooked vegetables (2 x 1/8-inch or 5.1 x 0.32 cm), such as asparagus, sugar snap peas, carrots, red bell pepper, zucchini, green beans, avocado, green onions
· 1/4 cup reduced fat or regular Asian-style dressing
· Additional Asian-style dressing, pickled ginger, wasabi paste and reduced-sodium soy sauce
1. Microwave rice on HIGH in microwave-safe bowl 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Set aside.
2. Center one sheet nori on bamboo sushi mat or sheet of parchment paper. Using wet hands, press 1/2 cup rice into thin layer over nori leaving 1/4-inch (0.64 cm) border around edges. Arrange 1/4 of vegetables and 1/4 of beef horizontally across the center of rice. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing.
3. Starting at closest edge, tightly roll up nori enclosing ingredients using mat or parchment to aid in rolling and pressing gently to compact roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cook's Tip: Moisten edge of nori with a small amount of water to aid with sealing nori roll, if needed.
4. To serve, cut each roll crosswise into 6 to 8 slices using wet, sharp knife. Serve with Toppings, if desired.
Cook's Tip: To serve as sushi-style rice bowls: Evenly layer heated rice, vegetables and beef strips into two medium shallow bowls. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons Asian dressing. Garnish with thinly sliced nori, as desired. Serve with Toppings, if desired.
“Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.”