Ground Beef burgers with avocado, jalapeño pepper, cilantro and onion? Count us in!
• 1 pound (1/2 Kg.) Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
• 2 teaspoons chopped onion
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 4 Butter, romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tomato, sliced
• 1 avocado, sliced
1. Combine Ground Beef, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch (1.27 cm) thick patties.
2. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F (71.11°C), turning occasionally.
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (71.11°C). Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
3. Place each burger on lettuce. Evenly top with onion, tomato and avocado. Wrap lettuce around burgers.
“Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.”