Talk about satisfying; Ground U.S. beef, vegetables, and gravy are baked under pillowy mashed potatoes. This pie will soon be a family favorite recipe, if it's not already!
- ½ kg or 1 pound Ground U.S. Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1cups Classic U.S.Beef Gravy
- 1cups chopped onions
- 1cups frozen peas and carrots blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Melt 1/4 cup butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour; cook 5 to 7 minutes until mixture is deep brown, stirring often. Whisk in 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth until smooth; simmer 3 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Stir in 1 teaspoon U.S. beef bouillon granules and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Season with salt, as desired.
2. Preheat oven to 323°C. Heat a30 cm cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground U.S. Beef and onions; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 2 cm or 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Stir in gravy, frozen vegetables and pepper.
3. Top U.S. beef mixture with mashed potatoes, spreading evenly; sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Bake in 323°C oven 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese begins to brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.