• 1 boneless beef Brisket Flat Half (1,135 – 1,590g.)
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• Kimchee (optional)
1. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef Brisket in stockpot; brown evenly.
2. Combine water, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour over Brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until Brisket is fork-tender.
3. Remove Brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half.
4. Trim fat from Brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce. Serve with kimchee, if desired.
“Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.”